- Liposomal Product Characterization
- Antigens Encapsulation
- Antioxidants Encapsulation
- Drugs Encapsulation
- Enzymes Encapsulation
- Liposomal Encapsulation Services: DNA
- Liposomal Encapsulation Services: Labeling Agents
- Liposomal Encapsulation Services: miRNA
- Liposomal Encapsulation Services: Oligonucleotide
- Liposomal Encapsulation Services: Proteins & Peptides
- Liposomal Encapsulation Services: siRNA
- mRNA Encapsulation
- siRNA, miRNA, DNA, Proteins Encapsulation
- Vitamins & Minerals Encapsulation
- Formulation Solutions
- Custom Liposomes
- Process Development and Scale-up
Get QuoteOnline Inquiry
Polydispersity Index（PDI）AnalysisOnline Inquiry
The polydispersity index (PDI) is an important parameter in the preparation of liposomes. With many years of successful liposome research and development experience. BOC Sciences can provide a polydispersity index (PDI) analysis service to promote your liposome research.
Why Analyze Polydispersity Index（PDI）?
Polydispersity Index (PDI) is used to describe the non-uniformity of the particle size distribution. PDI or particle distribution can influence on liposome stability and bioavailability. For liposomes to be stable, safe, and effective, the particle size distribution must be uniform.
An acceptable liposomal formulation for drug delivery should have a PDI value below 0.3.
Figure 1: schematic of the particle size distribution of a sample containing a polydisperse population of particles (with a high PDI value) (M. Danaei. 2018).
What We Provide?
BOC Sciences provide customized PDI analysis service to help better understand your liposome products features. We use a dynamic light scattering (DLS) system to evaluate the size distribution and lipid dispersion index (PDI) of liposome formulations.
How We Do?
DLS is a non-invasive technique that can perform in situ measurements of the size and PDI of liposomes and nano lipids. The average size and polydispersity of liposomes are calculated by measuring the time-dependent fluctuations of light scattered by the liposomes.
Before measurement, the aqueous phase of the formulation is appropriately diluted. We will perform three independent measurements on each sample. The particle size values given are the average of three measurements.
Why Choose Us？
- Innovative detection methods
- Unique technology platform
- High accuracy
- Pre-designed and validated experiment protocols
- 1 on 1 customer service
- Deliver results in a report
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
- M. Danaei. et al. Impact of Particle Size and Polydispersity Index on the Clinical Applications of Lipidic Nanocarrier Systems. Pharmaceutics. 2018 Jun; 10(2):57.