BOC Sciences can provide customize pH-sensitive liposome formulation service to delivery multiple drugs of your interest.
What are pH-Sensitive Liposomes?
pH-sensitive liposomes are a class of liposomes containing pH-sensitive lipids, which remain intact at physiological pH, but instable under acidic conditions of the target tissue (pH 7.4 ~ 5.3). Due to its properties, pH-sensitive liposomes can effectively release their encapsulated contents into the cytoplasm.
pH-sensitive liposomes have been widely used as alternatives to conventional liposomes.
pH-Sensitive Liposome-Mediated Drug Targeted Delivery
- Intracellular drug delivery
- Instability of pH-sensitive liposomes triggers pore formation in endosomal membranes.
- Instability of liposomes releases encapsulated molecules in the endosome, which diffuse through the endosome membrane into the cytoplasm.
- Fusion between liposome and endosome membrane.
- Anticancer drugs are delivered locally to the tumor site
What We Provide?
We provide customized pH-sensitive liposome formulation services. We can help design active ingredients that meet expectations and package into liposomes. If you have a drug candidate, we can provide liposome encapsulation services and help you prepare loaded pH-sensitive liposomes.
- Higher drug concentrations can be delivered at the target site due to controlled release.
- Drugs or gene fragments encapsulated in pH-sensitive liposomes can effectively escape lysosomal chelation and degradation
How We Do?
- Liposomal formulation preparation
Based on the characteristics of different types of liposomes, optimized formulation methods are used.
pH-sensitive liposomes preparation methods
- Simply adding pH-sensitive units to liposomes
- Or by mixing pH-sensitive lipids and polymers during vesicle preparation
- Analysis and characterization
Different lipid components will be used, based on different needs. Appropriate vesicle size and surface charge. will be predesigned and validated to get great results.
Liposome size, dispersion, zeta potential, stability, encapsulation rate, and release rate. will be analyzed to help understand the features of the final liposomes.
Figure 1: Commonly used lipids for the construction of pH-sensitive liposome.
- Shivani Rai Paliwal. et al. A review of mechanistic insight and application of pH-sensitive liposomes in drug delivery. Drug Delivery. 2015; 22(3):231-242.