- Liposomal Product Characterization
- Antigens Encapsulation
- Antioxidants Encapsulation
- Drugs Encapsulation
- Enzymes Encapsulation
- Liposomal Encapsulation Services: DNA
- Liposomal Encapsulation Services: Labeling Agents
- Liposomal Encapsulation Services: miRNA
- Liposomal Encapsulation Services: Oligonucleotide
- Liposomal Encapsulation Services: Proteins & Peptides
- Liposomal Encapsulation Services: siRNA
- mRNA Encapsulation
- siRNA, miRNA, DNA, Proteins Encapsulation
- Vitamins & Minerals Encapsulation
- Formulation Solutions
- Custom Liposomes
- Process Development and Scale-up
Get QuoteOnline Inquiry
Liposome Encapsulation Services: AntioxidantsOnline Inquiry
Most antioxidants are reactive and poorly soluble. The use of liposomal encapsulation to achieve stable utilization of antioxidants is very common in the skincare and food industries. BOC Sciences offers encapsulation of any antioxidant into one of several standard liposome formulations (PC: cholesterol and DSPC: cationic lipids: polyethylene glycolated lipids: cholesterol) or custom liposome formulations.
- Classification of Antioxidants
|Mechanism of Action|
|Solubility and Permeability|
- Liposomes and Principles of Antioxidant Encapsulation
However, the effective use of antioxidants is not an easy task, as the problems of instability and poor solubility of antioxidants need to be addressed in practice. At the same time, antioxidants are very sensitive to temperature, pH, light and oxygen. Microencapsulation technology is considered to be the main way to solve the above problems, especially the polymer delivery systems based on biodegradable materials are considered to be the most suitable, such as liposomes, nanostructured lipid vectors, solid lipid nanoparticles, etc. Among them, closed vesicles with a bilayer structure, also known as liposomes, are the most widely used, as they have the following advantages over other vector forms:
- Efficiently improve the bioavailability of encapsulated substances
- It can be cleared from the body through a simple circulatory metabolic pathway
- Low toxicity, high biocompatibility and high biodegradability
- The surface charge and particle size can be modified according to the purpose
Common liposome preparation methods include: thin film dispersion method, ethanol injection method, reverse evaporation method, etc. The size, number of lamellar layers and encapsulation efficiency of liposomes prepared by different methods are different, and some preparation methods require special equipment. Liposomes can encapsulate both hydrophilic and lipophilic antioxidants. Hydrophilic antioxidants are generally encapsulated in an internal hydrophilic environment, while lipophilic antioxidants are often contained in lipid bilayers.
Advantages of Liposome Technology
- Improve the stability of antioxidants
Liposomes can help antioxidants resist damage from environmental and chemical factors. Many reports have confirmed that liposome technology can protect plant polyphenols, retinol, VC, VE, curcumin, coenzyme Q10, etc.
- Enhances the efficacy and solubility of antioxidants
Liposomes have a unique solubility biphasicity and diversity in structure, composition and design. Liposomes can be used as a dynamic encapsulation technology to improve the solubility of poorly water-soluble antioxidants. In addition, many studies have shown that in addition to providing a physical and chemical barrier for antioxidants to help antioxidants resist external conditions, liposomes can also promote the uniform distribution of these antioxidants throughout the skin care products and ultimately enhance antioxidants of bioavailability.
- Promotes the penetration of antioxidants
Liposomes are small bilayer spheres and mimic the structure of cell membranes, thus accelerating the transport of antioxidants.
What We Provide?
BOC Sciences provides services for the encapsulation of antioxidants into liposomal formulations.
Our liposome formulations include:
- PC : Cholesterol
- DSPC : Cationic Lipid : PEGylated Lipoid : Cholesterol
- Custom Liposomes
Contact us for a free consultation on the design and customization of liposome encapsulation services for different active ingredients.
- Van Tran V; et al. Liposomes for delivery of antioxidants in cosmeceuticals: Challenges and development strategies. J Control Release. 2019 Apr 28; 300: 114-140.