For a long time, BOC Sciences’s focus has been the drug development. Our extensive experience has made us an expert in the design and manufacture of liposome drugs.
Liposomes are nano-drug delivery systems that have been successfully transformed into real-time clinical applications. These bilayer phospholipid vesicles have witnessed many technological advances in recent years. The therapeutic agents encapsulated inside liposomes change their biodistribution characteristics, thereby further improving the therapeutic index of various drugs. Extensive research is being performed in these areas using liposomes as drug delivery systems, including the delivery of anticancer, antifungal, anti-inflammatory drugs, and therapeutic genes.
Benefits of Drug Load in Liposomes
- Protection - Liposomes protect drugs from degradation. In vivo, liposomes can extend the biological half-life of the life.
- Improved solubility of lipophilic and amphiphilic drugs.
- Liposomes can localize, target and specifically interact with the affected tissue.
- Liposomes constitute a reservoir of drugs, which can continuously release the drugs and reduce the side effects caused by the frequency of use.
- Minimal toxicity - Liposomal preparations are used in cancer treatment to reduce the toxic side effects of drugs.
Figure 1: Schematics showing the advantages of formulating drugs in liposomes (Upendra Bulbake. 2017).
BOC Sciences can help to solve issues and requirements related to your current and future research of liposome pharmaceutical formulations through our liposome research and manufacturing services. Our liposome platform has been able to develop liposome formulations with varying sizes (20nm to 200nm), payloads (e.g. nucleic acids, hydrophobic drugs) and excipient characteristics (e.g. charge and pH adjustment).
We have strong and extensive expertise and years of experience in liposome drug formulation development research. Our services include
Detect and screen any liposome products that customers may be interested in.
Liposome Formulation Development
Help customers design and synthesize suitable liposomes, with various pharmaceutical active ingredients such as oligonucleotides, small molecules, proteins, and vaccine antigens.
Formulation Feasibility Studies
Provide tests on for your liposomal formulation feasibility, in the pharmaceutical, nutritional and food sectors.
Our team’s extensive knowledge and commitment to scientific excellence make us unique in the research and manufacture of liposomes.
If you want to know more, please feel free to contact us.
- Upendra Bulbake. et al. Liposomal Formulations in Clinical Use: An Updated Review. Pharmaceutics. 2017 Jun; 9(2):12.
- Abolfazl Akbarzadeh. et al. Liposome: classification, preparation, and applications. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2013; 8(1):102.
- S. S. Biju. et al. Vesicular systems: An overview. Indian J Pharm Sci. 2006, 68 (2):141-153.