Materials for liposomes
- Bacterial Lipids
- Bile Acids
- Bioactive Lipids
- Cationic Lipid Material
- Fatty Acid Modified Lipids
- Fluorescent Lipids
- GalNac Delivery System Lipids
- Headgroup Modified Lipids
- Neutral Lipids
- PEGylated Lipids
- Phosphatidic Acid (PA)
- Phosphatidylcholine (PC)
- Phosphatidylethanolamine (PE)
- Phosphatidylglycerol (PG)
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)
- Photoswitchable Lipids
Liposomes for DNA/RNA Delivery
Get QuoteOnline Inquiry
BOC Sciences has the professional liposome technology platform and is dedicated to providing optimized solutions for sterols development services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, cosmetic and nutritional supplements industries.
What are Sterols?
Sterols belong to a larger group of lipids found in a variety of organisms, including plants, animals, fungi and some bacteria. They have a specific structure consisting of a steroid nucleus and a hydroxyl (-OH) group attached at the 3-position. Sterols are insoluble in water, but are soluble in organic solvents.
Cholesterol is a class of sterols that play a crucial role in the structure and function of animal cell membranes. Cholesterol is an essential component of the plasma membrane, helping to maintain fluidity and stability. It also serves as a precursor for the synthesis of many important molecules in the body, such as steroid hormones, vitamin D, and bile acids.
Phytosterols, which are structurally similar to cholesterol and are commonly found in plant cell membranes, have potential health benefits. They have been shown to help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
What are Biological Functions of Sterols?
- Precursors of Essential Molecules
Cholesterol is an important precursor for the synthesis of steroid hormones, which play a crucial role in the regulation of various physiological processes such as metabolism, stress response, reproduction and development.
- Anti-inflammatory Activity
Some phytosterols have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help neutralize free radicals and reduce inflammation in the body. These inflammatory conditions are associated with a variety of chronic diseases, including cardiovascular disease, neurodegenerative diseases and certain types of cancer.
- Structure of Cell Membranes
Cholesterol is an essential component of animal cell membranes, aiding in maintaining the fluidity, stability and integrity of cell membranes.
- Potential Anti-cancer Properties
Certain phytosterols have been shown to have potential anti-cancer effects, inhibiting the growth of cancer cells and inducing their programmed death.
Benefits of Sterols from BOC Sciences
- High Purity: BOC Sciences' proprietary and efficient separation and purification technologies ensure the high purity and quality
of sterols products.
- Comprehensive Range: BOC Sciences' sterol products cover a comprehensive range of classes, enabling a wide range of applications. And, our sterols customization services are available to meet your additional needs.
- Rapid Delivery: Products on the BOC Sciences website are replenished in a timely manner, with stock available for fast delivery.
- Professional Support: BOC Sciences' dedicated team can provide a full range of technical advice and support services to ensure that customers can use sterols to run their projects smoothly.
BOC Sciences offers efficient and customizable ordering and delivery to satisfy our customers' requirements for complex experiments. If you need more information, please feel free to contact our professional team.