BOC Sciences has a specialized liposome technology platform dedicated to providing the most complete solution for liposome drug development services for the pharmaceutical/biotechnology, cosmetic, and nutritional supplement industries. We provide high-quality phosphatidylcholine.
Introduction of PC
Phosphatidylcholine (PC) is an amphiphilic molecule consisting of a hydrophilic head and a hydrophobic tail.
Fig. 1 Molecular structure of phosphatidylcholine
- PC is extracted from egg yolk, soybean, bovine heart and spinal cord.
- Each PC has aliphatic chains of different lengths and degrees of saturation. Plant-based PC has a highly unsaturated aliphatic chain, while animal-based PC has a mostly saturated aliphatic chain.
- Dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine (DPPC)
- Distearoylphosphatidylcholine (DSPC)
Physicochemical Properties of PC
Under normal conditions, pure PC is a white solid, which is easy to absorb water, so it is mostly transparent or translucent and has a light fragrance. PC is soluble in organic solvents, such as n-hexane, diethyl ether, ethanol, methanol, etc. It is also soluble in water, forming a colloidal solution, insoluble in acetone, and has no definite melting point. In the presence of phospholipase A1, PC can produce lysophosphatidylcholine (LPC) with enhanced emulsifying ability.
Functions of PC
- One of the important components of cell membranes
- An important structural component of plasma lipoproteins and bile
- A neurotransmitter related to nerve excitation and conduction
- Closely related to fat metabolism
- Anti-atherosclerosis, lowering blood cholesterol, total esters and liver protection (prevention of fatty liver)
Applications for PC
- Pharmaceutical emulsifiers
- Supplementary materials for pharmaceuticals
- Dietary supplement
- Beauty products
- Manufacturing process in compliance with GMP requirements
- High-quality lipid raw materials
- Strict quality inspection and quality control
- The most competitive price in the entire network