PEGylated LipidsOnline Inquiry
BOC Sciences has specialized solutions for the preparation and characterization of PEGylated lipids. We provide a wide range of PEG-lipid derivatives.
Liposome is an ideal drug delivery technology. It has the advantages of targeting, longer blood retention time and higher organ distribution selectivity, which can improve the efficacy of drugs and reduce the toxic reaction, thus it has become a research hotspot of pharmaceutical preparations.
PEG lipids, also known as PEGylated lipids, are a class of PEG derivatives linked to lipid fractions such as DMG or DSPE. PEGylation solves the above shortcomings of liposomes.
Fig. 1 Chemical structure of PEGylated lipids (Wyszynski B, 2007)
Polyethylene glycol (PEG), also called PEO or POE, is an oligomer or polymer of ethylene oxide. PEG has the following advantages:
- Cheap and easy to get
- Can be mass produced
- Easy to control molecular weight
- Good physical and chemical properties
- Relatively simple formulation process
PEG modification, or PEGylation, is the chemical conjugation of activated PEG to a protein or peptide molecule by covalent bonding.
Advantages of PEGylated Lipids
- Keep liposomes in the blood for longer periods
- Increase the passive targeting function of drugs
- Reduce non-specific uptake
- GMP compliant manufacturing process
- High quality lipid raw materials
- Strict quality inspection and quality control
- The most competitive price in the network
- Wyszynski B; et al. Study of PEG Tether Length of Pegylated-Lipid Sensing Films in QCM Odor Sensors. Ieej Transactions on Sensors & Micromachines. 2007, 127(3): 165-169.