Materials for liposomes
- Bacterial Lipids
- Bile Acids
- Bioactive Lipids
- Cationic Lipid Material
- Fatty Acid Modified Lipids
- Fluorescent Lipids
- Headgroup Modified Lipids
- Neutral Lipids
- PEGylated Lipids
- Phosphatidic Acid (PA)
- Phosphatidylcholine (PC)
- Phosphatidylethanolamine (PE)
- Phosphatidylglycerol (PG)
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)
- Photoswitchable Lipids
Get QuoteOnline Inquiry
Neutral LipidsOnline Inquiry
16:0-18:1 DG glucose
Dolichol (13~21) phosphate
As a professional and highly acclaimed supplier of liposomes, BOC Sciences is committed to providing you with efficient, convenient and high-purity delivery of neutral lipids.
The Composition of Neutral Lipids
Neutral lipids are mainly composed of triglycerides and have a hydrophobic and uncharged chemistry. Triglycerides are the most common form of neutral lipids in living organisms and consist of three fatty acid chains esterified to a glycerol molecule, which is an important energy storage molecule.
Properties and Functions of Neutral Lipids
Neutral lipids are insoluble in water but are soluble in non-polar solvents such as ether, chloroform and benzene. They are usually found in cellular lipid droplets and serve as storage sites for intracellular energy reserves. Lipid droplets can accumulate in a variety of cell types, including adipocytes, hepatocytes, and certain immune cells. The primary function of neutral lipids is to serve as a source of energy. When the body needs energy, triglycerides stored in adipose tissue are broken down by lipase, releasing fatty acids and glycerol. The fatty acids can then be transported to cells throughout the body to be oxidized and provide energy. In addition to energy storage, neutral lipids play important roles in membrane structure, signaling and various biological processes.
Applications of Neutral Lipids
- Lipidomics and Signaling Pathway Study
Exploring the behavior and function of cellular processes and signaling pathways in which neutral lipids participate in vivo can aid in the in-depth study of diseases related to lipid metabolism and other lipidomics.
Neutral lipids can be used as carriers or excipients in pharmaceutical formulations to enhance the solubility and targeting of insoluble drugs, thereby promoting cellular uptake and absorption.
- Nutraceutical Development
Neutral lipids are the main components of dietary fats and help to enhance the taste, texture and aroma of food and provide a concentrated source of energy. Neutral lipids are also important for facilitating the absorption and transport of lipolytic nutraceuticals in the body.
- Cosmetic Development
Neutral lipids are often used in cosmetics as one of the important additives in emollients, moisturizers and conditioners, aiding in improving skin hydration and barrier function, as well as increasing comfort and spreadability.
- Biofuel Production
Neutral lipids from microorganisms could be a potential source of renewable biofuels which perhaps could become sustainable alternatives to fossil fuels in the future.
Benefits of BOC Sciences' Neutral Lipids
- Strict Quality Control Standards: BOC Sciences adheres to strict quality control to ensure high quality delivery of neutral lipid products.
- Unique Separation and Purification Technology: BOC Sciences' proprietary and efficient separation and purification technology ensures the ultra-high purity of neutral lipid products.
- Wide Range of Applications: BOC Sciences' high quality neutral lipids cover a wide range of applications in biological research and pharmaceuticals.
- Competitive Pricing: BOC Sciences offers the most competitive prices while ensuring high purity and quality.
- Customized Solutions: BOC Sciences has a unique lipid customization platform to support the personalization of neutral lipids.
BOC Sciences offers efficient and customizable ordering and delivery to satisfy our customers' requirements for complex experiments. If you need more information, please feel free to contact our professional team.