Anionic LiposomesOnline Inquiry
BOC Sciences has developed various kinds of anionic liposomes for drug or gene delivery research. All liposomes are prepared under sterile conditions.
Compared with cationic liposomes, anionic liposomes have many characteristics. Anionic liposomes show greater stability in solution. Compared with neutrally charged liposomes, anionic liposomes have a lower degree of aggregation. Compared with cations, the endocytosis of anionic liposomes is enhanced. In addition, two FDA-approved drugs that use a negatively charged non-liposomal delivery method include-Restasis (Allergan, used to treat chronic dry eye) and Durezol (Alcon, used to treat eye inflammation). These drugs facilitate the utilization of negatively charged liposome carriers to enhance drug delivery.
Anionic Liposomes We Provided:
- PG-based Anionic-Liposomes
Due to the "stereostabilization" effect, PEGylated lipids can contribute longer circulation time to liposomes. With a surface hydrophilic protective layer from the PEG chain, PEGylated liposomes exhibit higher stability, can be released continuously, to prolong blood circulation time, and reduce the uptake of the mononuclear phagocyte system.
In addition, cholesterol acts as the skeleton of animal cell membranes, which can reduce fluidity, stabilize the bilayer, and control the drug permeability of the liposome bilayer. Studies have shown that positively charged and negatively charged PEGylated liposome formulations with modified cholesterol derivatives may be potential drug carriers to improve therapeutic efficacy.
Phosphatidylserine (PS) and phosphatidylglycerol (PG) are two well-known anionic molecules that form liposomes with negative zeta potential. The zeta potential of liposomes depends on the mole percentage of negatively charged lipids in the liposome preparation.
Figure 1: The structure of DOPG and DOPS molecule, with an anionic headgroup.
- Rich product range - providing multi-type liposomes with various zeta potentials and different characteristics
- A manufacturing process that meets GMP requirements
- High-quality lipid raw materials to ensure the high performance of our product
- All products are subject to strict quality inspection and quality control during the production process
- Experienced liposome experts will provide you with professional technical guidance throughout the process
- The most competitive price in the entire network
- Delivery within 24h (the delivery time of customized products need to be determined according to the actual situation)
Anionic liposomes can be used for blood complement research and various types of in vitro research.
- Siddhesh D. Patil, David G. Rhodes, and Diane J. Burgess. Anionic Liposomal Delivery System for DNA Transfection. The AAPS Journal. 2004;6(4):29.
- Luís F. F. Neves, etc. Preparation and optimization of anionic liposomes for delivery of small peptides and cDNA to human corneal epithelial cells. J Microencapsul. 2016 Jun; 33(4):391-399.
- Yu Nie, Li Ji, Hong Ding, Li Xie, Li Li, Bin He, Yao Wu, Zhongwei Gu. et al. Cholesterol Derivatives Based Charged Liposomes for Doxorubicin Delivery: Preparation, In Vitro and In Vivo Characterization. Theranostics. 2012; 2(11):1092-1103.
- Amitriptyline overdose treatment by pegylated anionic liposomes. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. 2008; 324(1-2):61-70.