Materials for liposomes
- Bacterial Lipids
- Bile Acids
- Bioactive Lipids
- Cationic Lipid Material
- Fatty Acid Modified Lipids
- Fluorescent Lipids
- GalNac Delivery System Lipids
- Headgroup Modified Lipids
- Neutral Lipids
- PEGylated Lipids
- Phosphatidic Acid (PA)
- Phosphatidylcholine (PC)
- Phosphatidylethanolamine (PE)
- Phosphatidylglycerol (PG)
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)
- Photoswitchable Lipids
Liposomes for DNA/RNA Delivery
Get QuoteOnline Inquiry
Amine Reactive LiposomesOnline Inquiry
Amine reactive liposomes are liposome-based nanoparticles that have been modified or functionalized with amine-reactive molecules or moieties. BOC Sciences offers a selection of amine-responsive immunoliposomes that allow for the surface affixation of various biomolecules including proteins and peptides to the primary amine inventory, enabling a variety of applications in drug delivery, diagnostics and research.
What are Amine Reactive Liposomes?
Amine-responsive liposomes are functionalized liposomes with molecules or moieties that can react with amine groups, facilitating affixation reactions with amine-containing biomolecules, such as proteins, peptides, and antibodies, and are important precursors for the preparation of immunoliposomes.
Figure 1. Ulfo-NHS-based preparation of Env-liposome conjugates. (Ehsan, S.; et al. 2020)
- Binding to Buramine-containing Biomolecules
The amine-reactive functional groups on the surface of liposomes are capable of covalently binding to biomolecules containing primary amines. These biomolecules can include antibodies, proteins, peptides or other substances with surface modifications of primary amines.
Figure 2. Examples of affixation of primary amines and groups reacting with amines. (S, Elahipana.; et al, 2016)
Different moieties are suitable for different types of biomolecules or drugs, and the specific choice usually depends on the research purpose of your project. At BOC Sciences, our experienced experts can offer different functionalized amine reactive liposomes suggestions for you to choose from based on your specific application and experimental protocol. When preparing amine-reactive liposomes, we ensure proper moiety selection as well as optimized reaction conditions for efficient and high-quality covalent binding.
Applications of Amine Reactive Liposomes
- Amine reactive liposomes can be used to attach a targeting ligand or antibody to the surface of a liposome to enable targeted drug delivery to specific cells or tissues.
- By binding an antibody to an amine-reactive liposome, the amine-reactive liposome can be converted into an immunoliposome that can be specifically targeted to cells expressing the corresponding antigen, such as cancer cells or pathogens.
- Amine-reactive liposomes can be labeled with imaging agents such as fluorescent dyes or radiotracers for diagnostic imaging or tracking liposome delivery.
- Amine-responsive liposomes are valuable in research applications in biology and can be used to develop tools for various assays, drug screening and biomolecular labeling.
Advantages of BOC Sciences' Amine Reactive Liposomes
Highly Efficient Crosslinking and Splicing
The reactivity of the amine groups on the surface of liposomes allows the formation of covalent bonds with a range of other molecules or surfaces designed to stabilize the affixation of specific molecules to achieve desired designs and functions, such as drug-targeted delivery applications.
Controlled Release, Allowing for a Variety of Designs
BOC Sciences' amine-reactive liposomes can be designed to release their cargo in controlled and triggered ways, such as in response to changes in pH, temperature, or the presence of specific enzymes.
High Stability and Great Biocompatibility
BOC Sciences' amine-responsive liposomes have the inherent properties of liposomes, including high stability and biocompatibility to protect sensitive cargoes from degradation. Based on this, their stability, size, and surface properties allow for careful design for biomedical applications in a variety of fields.
GMP-Grade Production, High Purity, Short Lead Time, Customizable
BOC Sciences has high-end production facilities and GMP-grade production capabilities that enable short-cycle liposome customization services, supported by technical support from experienced specialists.
- S, Ehsan.; et al. Conjugation of Native-Like HIV-1 Envelope Trimers onto Liposomes Using EDC/Sulfo-NHS Chemistry: Requirements and Limitations. Pharmaceutics. 2020, 12(10): 979.
- S, Elahipana.; et al. Rewiring Gram-Negative Bacteria Cell Surfaces with Bio-Orthogonal Chemistry via Liposome Fusion. Bioconjugate Chemistry. 2016, 27(4).